I’m a working mom. I have to hustle to manage all the many projects and happenings for our family of 5. Like all busy parents, it seems like I will never get it all done!
More importantly, I have to keep the house from blowing up (literally and figuratively).
A bit of what I do:
- manage work projects
- research new projects
- spend quality time with the kids
- social media posts for the business
- website work
- house clean (clearly, not a favorite)
- walk the dogs, cuddle the dogs
- cook dinner
- plan logistics and transportation for 9 after school activities
- answer work emails and complete website orders
- play referee
- monitor the figurative oven (and make sure none of the buns are over-cooked, under done, or burnt to a crisp!. Not that that ever happens.).
Reading, reflecting, learning, exercising, allowing for me-time, laughing, getting outdoors, and spending time with friends are all important too.
Self-care is hard.
Although life can be overwhelming and hectic, I’ve learned I have to make the effort to be present in the moment. My 6 year old’s story is important...yes, even if I’ve heard it before. I have to live the cliche of stopping to smell the roses. I have to breathe.
When I remember these things, my stress and impatience decreases noticeably, and I can be a better mom, wife, business owner, teacher, friend, and steward.
Life is made up a million meaningful moments.
Before you go, learn more from a couple articles I’ve found helpful recently!
Neuroscience Reveals 4 Rituals That Will Make You An Awesome Parent